To support businesses further during the pandemic crisis the Government outlined on May 1 a discretionary grants fund.
Phase 1 of the discretionary scheme is now closed, however Middlesbrough Council is now inviting businesses to express an interest in Phase 2 of the discretionary scheme.
Eligibility rules are that:
- Business must be small with under 50 employees. (1-10 = £5k, 11- 49 = £10k)
- Business must be able to demonstrate significant drop in income brought about by the COVID-19 crisis
- Have relatively high ongoing fixed costs (such as rent)
- Not home based
- Must be trading on or before 11 March 2020
- All small businesses in any sector are now eligible as long as the business has NOT already received any other grant or any other allocated COVID 19 funding such as a business rates holiday*
- Businesses must have a rateable value under £50,999
*Nurseries will be an exemption to this. Those nurseries supporting the schools strategy in returning children back to school and allowing parents to return to work will be able to claim in the discretionary phase 2 whilst also qualifying for a rates holiday.
- Closing date is Friday, July 3. For more info visit middlesbrough.gov.uk/community-support-and-safety/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-business-support#mbcsupport