The annual event is run by the charity Cats Protection, and celebrates the nation's most marvellous moggies, with heart-warming tales of devotion, courage, and companionship.
Entries open from Tuesday 14th January and owners have until noon on Thursday 12th March to enter.
Cats can be nominated in five categories, including Hero Cat – cats which save the day, and Most Caring Cat, which seeks to celebrate cats that positively impact a person's health or wellbeing.
The Furr-ever Friends award celebrates tales of friendship between children and cats, while Outstanding Rescue Cat is awarded to fabulous felines adopted from animal charities.
The overall winner - the National Cat of the Year 2020 - will inherit the title from Jeffree, a life-changing moggy from Coventry who helped teenager Finn Hackeson, who has Asperger syndrome, cope with the death of his father.
The difficult task of choosing the winners will be down to a panel of celebrity cat-lovers.
Entrants to the National Cat Awards 2020 will have five categories to choose from:
• Hero Cat – Cats that save the day
• Most Caring Cat – Cats that positively impact a person's health or wellbeing
• Furr-ever Friends – Tales of friendship between children and cats
• Outstanding Rescue Cat – Fabulous felines adopted from animal charities
• Purina® Better Together - Celebrating the special bond that has transformed and enriched the lives of both a feline and human
Anyone wishing to nominate their cat should visit www.cats.org.uk/national-cat-awards
To listen back to the interview with Andrew Collins a Broadcaster, Writer and cat lover head over to the CVFM Mixcloud page at https://www.mixcloud.com/cvfmradio/cvfm-breakfast-with-jason-greenwood-140120-talking-about-the-national-cat-awards/